Sunday, February 27, 2011

What is a human?

Upon reflection and having lost in a reverie looking into this blank white page wondering what human being is, I just realized that human is indeed a blank paper in which he writes the words either of wisdom or follies. Just as my writing a good, reflective and sincere paper in this page would determine the extent of marks that I would get from my teacher (apparently I am writing this for an assignment), things are quite the same with life. There is someone, high, up above, yet everywhere who monitors every word that we write in this page of life, and that is the…clichéd, overly talked about, undefined entity, whom people often refer to as God!

Human, as I understand having researched my heart out in the field of spirituality, is an image of God the almighty. Saying so looks so simple, yet this is often not understood in its complete sense. We err, we misbehave, we go astray and so forth; we do things that an image of God, ideally, ought not to do. But alas, it is ironically humans themselves who need to understand in their full consciousness that they are now a blurred, hazy, distorted and obscure image of the original. 

I would immediately like to digress from the hectic debate of 21st century: Who defines good or bad? Or who defines morality or goodness? I would counter those debates only if I wanted to defend badness. 

Human being for me, therefore, is the embodiment of innocence that cherishes the nature and its beauty and acknowledges the entity that created it. Humans are those creative units of this universe that define and reflect the beauty of universe itself. Humans are those creatures bounded, without complains to the path of Dharma and righteousness. Humans are those instruments that resonate to the rhythm and contralto of divine love. Human is a drop of the ocean that streams together and collectively losing its own identity, in its greater identity of being a ‘human’. Human is a quintessence of detachment and forgiveness that defines itself for the existence of universal love. Human is ultimately, that life which has no meaning until it gets connected to the power that created it (an inspired definition!).

Having defined humans thus, I would rather assess, all to my chagrin, that there are but a few “HUMANS” in this earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment